Sunday, November 26, 2006

Tarot & Visualization

Purposely selecting a specific card once a month or so really helps me focus on goals that I'm working towards, or energy I'm actively hoping to bring towards me from the universe. For example, if you are hoping for/working towards financial/material security, a card (maybe 6 or 10) from Disks/Stones/Pentacles would be beneficial. If you want to remind yourself to open up emotionally towards others in new ways- whether friendship, family, or dating- choosing the Ace of Cups is ideal. After I choose a card, I usually display it in a special space; perhaps on an altar, or a spot where you often will see the card, or around an area where the card fits in well (for example, if desiring more passion in bed, perhaps on the nightstand surrounded by red candles or incence).
The card acts as a wonderful reminder, if working towards a goal and as focal point for visualization as you are working towards bringing energy your way.